Anyone up for an accountability partner or study group?

Ola,

I’m also a masters student in Lisbon as well.

Have you founded a practice partner as yet?

I just moved to Portugal in December and have been struggling to learn the language.

Heya @danielgreen.k,

I’ve emailed Jana too and received information about their speaking group. I’m hoping to join them this week! Hope to see you there too?

Ola Jana! I don’t think my wife and I are quite ready so I’ll check back with you in another month or two. Just saying a quick hello as I lived in the Oregon area for about 6 years. Vancouver, and Salem for about 5-6 years. Loved it there, though was I see it’s becoming a little weird! I left in 2001! Brock and my wife Linda.

We plan on moving to the Algarve in 2022 and can’t wait!!

1 Like

We break out into different levels, so feel free to jump in whenever you’re ready. It’s a great place to practice, find new resources and also connect with those already living in Portugal. We have a couple of native speakers in the group, too. Let me know when you’re ready to start.

Ola Jana,

Is it still possible to join that group. I am learning portugues quite a long time but I need to speak. I would appreciate it to be part .
Hope to hear from you. Elke

Hi Elke,
Sure you can join. We have a meeting tomorrow. I need your email in order to send you the invite, or there is a link if you scroll up to prior posts. We meet at 9am Pacific, noon ET, 5pm Portugal time.
Send me an email so I can add you to the resource folder, etc.: [email protected].
Thanks!
Jana

Ola Todos!

For those of you still looking for a study group and not able to attend our Sunday meetings, I’m putting together a second group that will meet during the week. If you’d like to vote on times, go here:

It SHOULD show in your local time, so you can just select all the days/times that could work for you. Ignore the dates for now.

If you’d like to be added to the study group reminders, email me your email address at [email protected].

Jana

1 Like

Ola Jana! I will email you now to get on your list. I’m hoping for a study group in the late morning on a weekend, but all the times/days seem to be in the evening (Lisbon time), but will try to make one. Muito obrigada!

Ola Todos,

The Portuguese Club study group now has two meeting times:

Sundays @ 9am Pacific, noon ET and 5pm Portugal time
Thursdays @ 11am Pacific, 2pm ET, 7pm Portugal time

Please email me: [email protected] if you’d like to be added to the reminder email list and google resource folder, or you can click the zoom video link in this thread and check it out.

We share resources, discuss different topics at different levels, and support each other to improve our proficiency, so if that sounds good, come check it out!

Jana

4 Likes

Hi Charlotte!

I live just 5 minutes away from you :)! Let me know if you are still up for a little study group :)!

All the best,
Lea

Yes, Yes, Yes!!! I especially need an accountability partner! I’m really slacking off - as I said way back in November!! Do you want to meet, Zoom, Skype ?

I’m in Luz/Lagos

yay :))
Let´s meet? I live in Burgau, but I have a car and am flexible :slight_smile:

Oi! Meu nome é Phiona. Eu gostaria de me juntar ao seu groupo, se é possível.
Obrigada,
Phiona

Ola, Phiona!

Otima! Welcome. I’ll add you to our email reminders. We meet on Sundays at 9am Pacific, noon ET and 5pm Portugal time (when we’re on the same daylight/standard time - I have to check when Portugal changes it.)

We have members at all levels. Watch for an email sometime Saturday with the meeting link or you can find it in the above posts.

See you there! Tchau.

1 Like

Super. I look forward to receiving your email and joining you all on Sunday.
Tchau!

Can you send me your email address? You can email it if you want: [email protected].

Thanks!

Hi, we’ve already exchanged emails. Check your inbox :wink:

I have, and all correspondence I have under your name has come through Practice Portuguese’s portal, so I don’t have your email, or at least nothing’s coming up.

You’re right. You didn’t reply directly to the email I sent you on Tuesday, November 2nd, 2021 at 13:14 (Lisbon time). Maybe it went into your spam folder. I’ll IM you my email address.