Photographs and Drawings of Portugal

Sou apenas curioso—alguém conhece a pequena cidade de Arzila, perto de Coimbra? O avô do meu cônjuge nasceu lá e emigrou para Santos, Brasil, no início de 1900. Visitamos Arzila muito brevemente durante nossa viagem a Portugal em 2013. Só temos estas fotos. Não muito excitante, eu sei!

5 Likes

Eu nunca ouvi falar! Mas há muitas terras que eu não conheço. Obrigado pelas fotos :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That other bridge in Lisbon. 17 km long (12 over water) :no_mouth:

5 Likes

Vasco De Gama??

1 Like

Sim, sim! Vasco da Gama e um muito importante homem!

2 Likes

Sim, é a ponte Vasco da Gama!

3 Likes

One of the most well-known/dramatic golf holes in Portugal

4 Likes

Eu nunca ouvi falar!
Must be an exclamation. I understand the words, but what do they MEAN???

1 Like

Hi, @hscharnhorst! I understood this to mean that he was saying, “I have never heard talk about…” the town of Arzila, which I asked about. That’s how I interpreted it, but we’ll wait to hear from Joseph, himself! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s correct. I was just saying that I’d never heard of it, @hscharnhorst :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Joseph - I am finally getting around to curating the photos! Here’s installment #1 - from Nazaré: “Nazaré não é só ondas!

(If this method of sharing via Evernote works well for everyone here, I’ll do it for the other photos as well.)

2 Likes

@kiwijock - I’ve never spent any real amount of time in Guimarães, other than passing through it in less than an hour. This is on my “must visit” list – thanks!

1 Like

Haha, thank you! Some strange things going on in Nazaré, what with the statue of the standing reindeer and the three little birdies :thinking:

1 Like

I apologize as these photos are not in order. (there are “a few” here :slight_smile:

My daughter and I were in Lisbon, Sintra, Porto, and Cascais. You can see a picture of her pointing to a car with a University of Notre Dame window decal. She attends ND. What a small world!!! I could post so many more, but I thought I would send some random pictures.

![IMG_9872|666x500]

7 Likes

I just realized that the yellow arrow marker from O Caminho de Santago is upside down. Sorry about that.

1 Like

I was just going to ask what that symbol was trying to say, when you answered the question!

Very nice pictures. The most startling one is the one looking down into the “spiral staircase!”

Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Love the B&W one… Great shots!

2 Likes

Three from the Açores (São Miguel island), one from Lisboa, one from Porto, and one of some ginjinha from Óbidos. (If anyone has more Portuguese streetcat photos, send them my way :heart_eyes_cat: )

7 Likes

My favourite streetcar shot from my favourite place, Porto.
Oops! You wrote streetcat.
Never mind I’ll still post it

7 Likes

About to ‘enjoy’ a Franceshina on Porto’s Ribeira.
Next time round I won’t buy one at such a touristy location.
It wasn’t all that good.

3 Likes