Photographs and Drawings of Portugal

One of our best threads by far. Beautiful photos everyone, makes me proud to be in Portugal!

3 Likes

I returned from 17 days in Portugal a week ago today. I need to take the time to sit down and organize/curate the many-many photos I took and share a few of them here, or via Flickr.
–Phil

1 Like

@matthias.wintzer - the sunset and evening photos from Porto of the Douro, the ribeira, and the courtyard of the Sé are simply stunning! Fabulous collection here. :raised_hands:
–Phil

1 Like

Ah, yes, you’ve just been here. We’ll be waiting for those photos! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Pronto, posso sentir a pressão agora para organizar essas fotos! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you very much. I cant wait to see your pictures :slightly_smiling_face:

Ponte de Lima - Frequently described as the prettiest village in Portugal

There is a very interesting story about the river

And here’s a clue

4 Likes

Haha, the statues. Nice photos. One of the places Rui and Joel visited along their Caminho (and also where @joelrendall decided he should take an even longer path… to nowhere, right? :grin: ).

1 Like

Exactly! That was such a beautiful area (until yep, I got lost and thought I would die of dehydration :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

1 Like

Over at Reddit/P someone has just posted a night shot taken at Peneda-Gerês National Park.
https://old.reddit.com/r/portugal/comments/ckkule/taken_in_gerês_national_park_i_was_astounded_by/
Alas did not get any good shots during my brief visit to the park.
Anyone got some good shots they’d like to post, taken at the park?

2 Likes

I’ve never been, but I’d certainly like to, at some point. I’ve heard great things about that whole park (except for the occasional bad news of people getting off track and needing to be rescued, etc).

2 Likes

I have a lot of pictures from Peneda-Gerês… but this being my first post I seem to be able to post only 1. This is taken near Sistelo!

4 Likes

Welcome, @brinkwoman, and thanks for the pic of that beautiful place! Indeed, like you said, there’s a default anti-spam feature that prevents new users from posting several photos at once. But you’re quickly “upgraded” as you read and participate in more topics.

1 Like

The way that terraces have been employed to wrest the last little area out of a mountainous region is reminiscent of Asia. It is excellent for water management as well!

2 Likes

Guimarães a must go to place
and would you believe I could buy a Guinnees with my lunch in Guimarães

4 Likes

It’s also a very common sight throughout the Douro Valley (the valley through which the Douro river flows all the way down to Porto), with all those vineyards. There’s a touristic train that takes people through that area to take in the views.

@kiwijock, looks like a nice meal. Surprised you managed to get away from Sagres or Super Bock, hah.

For those who dare, there’s a cable car in Guimarães that takes you all the way up (one of) the mountains. There’s a sanctuary up there, Santuário da Penha.

And of course, Castelo de Guimarães.

4 Likes

I liked Guimarães - I only stopped there for 2 hours or so, will have to go back there!

Here’s a picture I took in the Douro valley last October:

4 Likes

As to the cable car in Guimarães and should you take it to the top you’ll also find a monument to two famous Portuguese persons and should you not be familiar with these record-breaking Portuguese (Not navigators instead aviators) here’s a link

3 Likes

Oh, I think I missed that. Thanks!

1 Like

Beyond here be dragons
Cape St Vincent
The last view of land as the Portuguese sailors set out for the unknown

5 Likes