Chamo-me or O meu nome

I am confused as to which one to use. Doesn’t really explain in the lesson and then when I do review I always get it wrong, but don’t really know why.

So when should I use Chamo-me Gino and when should I use O meu nome e Gino

Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome, @ginods42! :slightly_smiling_face: I don’t know if there is more to it than just the difference in what you want to say. “Chamo-me David” means “Call me David,” and “O meu nome é David” means “My name is David.” They are just two different ways to tell someone your name. However, now that I think of it, I do remember experiencing the same confusion you mention in the unit–sometimes it did seem that it was counted as wrong when it shouldn’t have been. My advice is to not let it bother you :hear_no_evil: and just know the difference in the two ways of revealing your name to someone!

3 Likes

Olá, @ginods42 :slight_smile: Like @David2019 said, there isn’t much to it. You can either say “I’m called X” (Chamo-me X) or “My name is X” (O meu nome é X). The first option would be the most natural, usually. I will make a note to look for any issues around this in the units. Meanwhile, for specific feedback on that front, feel free to email us via the Contact page, which is better suited for those queries about unit exercises, etc.