Anyone up for an accountability partner or study group?

Hey everyone, thought I’d post a little update.

First, if you would like to join the study group, you’re absolutely welcome to, but please EMAIL me your email address - I’m not having time right now to check posts and I don’t want to miss anyone. My email is [email protected]. If you’ve posted here and haven’t heard back, I’m not ignoring you, just crazy with the move, selling my house, selling a ton of things, packing everything else… it’s a lot for one person. But email me and I’ll do my best to get back to you in a day or so at the latest. Deal?

We’ve been doing some fun activities like crossword puzzles, different games and quizlets, listening/reading/answering questions… lots of different ideas. You do NOT have to be at any particular level to participate - beginners are welcome and we have some more advanced speakers as well.

Second, I LEAVE FOR PORTUGAL THIS WEEK!!! :dancer: :airplane: It’s been a very long process and I’ve been waiting a LONG time for it to happen. I’m in the Caldas de Rainha area, so feel free to connect! One of my biggest motivators for making the move AND doing this group is community, so my door is always open. Once I get a Portuguese phone number, I’m happy to post that here as well. (I’ll just have to remember to do it!!! LOL)

The study group will absolutely continue and I for one will finally have time to get more serious about my studies. So that’s my update. Feel free to reach out and get on our reminder list and get access to our resource folder full of great info and suggestions.

Tchau!
Jana

3 Likes

Suzie,
Once I get settled in Portugal I’d be more than happy for a study buddy.
Email me if you’d like to do that: [email protected].
Tchau!
Jana

Hi Jana,
I hope you are enjoying Portugal !
I would love to join the group, I will email you my email!

Thanks
Lynn

Hi there! I live in NYC and I’ve been learning since the start of the pandemic. I’d love to join a study group to have more accountability, as I’ve been struggling with my study schedule lately.

Hi Ashley,

Great! We’d love to have you.

If you could send me your email, I can add you to the reminders list and the resource folder. My email is [email protected].

Thanks!
Jana

Hi Jana,
Do you have room for another member? I"ve been studying for only a few months but would like to start some basic (very basic!) conversation study.

Obrigada,
Lisa

Olà, Lisa -

Sure, we always have room! Send me your email address and I’ll add you to the reminders and the resource folder. My email: [email protected].

We have speakers of all levels, and can usually find some things to keep us all engaged.

Até breve,
Jana

Olá,
Tenho interesse em falar muito básico Portuguese com outros.
Obrigada
Christine Motta

1 Like

Olà Christine! Eu também tenho interesse. Eu estou a aprender Português agora mas preciso mais prática.

Desculpa Peter. Acabei de ver isto. Ainda está interessado?

1 Like

Sim, ainda estou interessado. Eu moro perto do Santo em Lisboa? E você?

Just a quick update. We ARE still meeting. All levels are welcome. We meet online on Sundays at 5pm Lisbon time, 9am Pacific, noon ET.

If you would like to check out the group, please email me at [email protected] and I’m happy to add you to our reminders list and resource folder, or answer any questions.

Again, we are a mutual support group, all levels, and we generally find some things to do that help everyone. It’s not a class :slight_smile:

Tchau tchau,
Jana

4 Likes

Hey all -

If you’re seeking in person: weekly Portuguese meetup starting January 9th:

Goal #1: Practicing Portuguese
Goal #2: Make friends

Starbucks in the middle of Porto.

7-9pm.

Cheers!

I’m Paul how do I join the group speaking European Portuguese. I want to move to Portugal. My email is [email protected]

Hi everyone, Feliz Ano Novo!

If you are looking for collaborative support with Portuguese and a chance to practice, ask questions, get resources and create some community with Portuguese learners in Portugal, the US and other countries, the Portuguese Club online group might be of interest. All levels are welcome. We meet online on Sundays at 5pm Lisbon time, 9am Pacific, noon ET.

If you would like to check out the group, please email me at [[email protected]] and I’m happy to add you to our reminders list and resource folder, or answer any questions.

Again, we are a mutual support group, all levels, and we generally find some things to do that help everyone. It’s not a class :slight_smile:

Tchau tchau,
Jana

1 Like

Which Starbucks in the Middle of Porto? I can guess at 3 or 4…

Ola todos,

just saying hello, and Jana has kindly added me to the study group (muito obrigado), so I look forward to meeting several of you on Sunday.

Tchau, Tomas

1 Like

It was great to see new people! I enjoyed meeting you.

1 Like

I’m posting my reminder email for those of you who might want to check out our group and see if it feels like a fit for you. Feel free to hop on! It’s casual, all levels are welcome, and we also talk a bit about moving to and life in Portugal. This is a free group that’s been going for YEARS now, run by its’ members. So come do some Portuguese, make some friends, and hear my latest sheep and cat counts! lol.

Want to do a book club or something else? Feel free to suggest it. Let’s play Portuguese!!

Olá todos! 🌅 🎶

Summer has waved goodbye 🌊, so maybe now’s the time to work on your Portuguese???

⏰We meet Sunday at 9am Pacific time, 12pm ET and 4pm Portugal time.

For clarity, Portugal goes off Daylight Savings Time on the 29th, and the US on the 5th of November (because it COULDN’T be on the same day!!!) so we will shift here in Portugal/Europe for the one week, since most members are US.

THIS WEEK:
4pm Portugal time, 9am Pacific, noon Eastern

Bring all your favorite sayings, responses, colloquialisms - let’s put together a list!
Have grammar questions? Bring them to the call!
Want to chat on a subject in Portuguese? Just suggest it.
Find any new resources? Share them!
What we work on is up to the group, so if you have suggestions, please let us know. If anyone wants to do small group chats, we can do that too.

Automated grammar checker: https://grammarchecker.top/portuguese-grammar-checker.

Sunday meeting link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/4944505311

Tchau from crazy stormy 🌪🌀🌊 / always festive 💃 simply amazing Portugal,🌞

Jana

2 Likes

PS: If you’d like to get the reminder emails and access to our extensive resource folder, send your name and email address to [email protected]. If you don’t hear back within a couple days, come to the call and let me know or tag me here. Tchauzinhos!