Writing exercises?

Olá! I’m a new user so apologies if I am posting in the wrong place!

I’m looking to practice my writing in Portuguese at A2 level but I’m just a bit uncreative when it comes to coming up with prompts, and I’ve been trying to find out if there are any good resources that have a bank of writing exercise prompts (e.g. ‘Send Maria a postcard describing your holiday’, ‘Write a letter to Joana about your trip to the zoo’), but I haven’t been able to find anything online that is exactly what I’m looking for. Particularly I’m hoping to find a resource that divides exercises into the A1, A2, B1 etc. and ideally also has example answers to their prompts for me to compare with my own writing. Does anyone have any resources they’d recommend? Thank you for any help!

Here’s one idea: Try keeping a journal for a few weeks, noting the topic every time you write an email, send a text message, or even spoken conversations. Later, you can use those topics as ideas for writing prompts. That way you know they will be relevant to the types of things that come up in your life.

Here are some other links I had saved from the past. There seem to be a lot more resources out there for English learners, so you might have more luck searching for ‘ESL prompts’. You can use the same questions, but just respond in Portuguese. :slightly_smiling_face:

52 Journal Prompts
Children’s Writing Prompts
Writing Topics
Essay Topics
More Writing Topics

Many of these are geared toward kids, so some may not be as relevant. But at the A2 level it could be hard to write about something too advanced/abstract.

We’ll also look into creating some writing prompts that are divided by level and have examples. Great idea!

1 Like

A lesson on writing a letter would be handy too. Phrases, customary structures, etc.

2 Likes

This doesn’t go over exact formatting, but it might be helpful with the wording / how to start and end a letter or email: Writing an Email / Letter in Portuguese