I am seeing in another resource that Tomar (to take) is not used frequently in many cases as it is in English. What’s the guideline for use of this verb?
@tracypuett66, tomar can be used in a variety of contexts in Portuguese. Some examples:
- Ele toma muita medicação. (He takes a lot of medication)
- Toma o meu casaco, tu precisas de te aquecer. (Take my coat, you need to warm up)
- Eu tomo café de manhã. (I have coffee in the morning)
- Nós tomámos medidas firmes. (We took firm measures)
- Ela toma um duche todos os dias. (She takes a shower every day)