Portuguese Grocery Store Website?

Hello!
I’m learning Portuguese from the states in anticipation of a possible move to Portugal in a few years. I hopefully can still visit this summer. Does anyone know a good grocery store website that will help me learn how to read advertisements? I ran into one a while back, but can’t seem to find my way back to it. Obrigado!

1 Like

I recommend taking a resource called Rick Steve’s Portuguese phrase book and dictionary. I am on my first trip and find it a great resource. It will enhance my studies when I return to the USA. Boa sorte.

Two of the main chains are lidl.pt and auchan.pt/Frontoffice/
Both sites have PDFs of their weekly brochures (FOLHETOS)

HTH
JIm

1 Like

Continente/Modelo is a Nationwide chain. Link here https://www.continente.pt/stores/continente/pt-pt/public/Pages/pageview/14/03/vantagens-loja-online.aspx

1 Like

Muito obrigado!!

Muito Obrigado!!

The only widespread chains missing are Pingo Doce and Minipreço :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pingo Doce, Continente, Intermarche, Jumbo, Lidl, Aldi. However, the first three do most of the advertising. If you go go into the"24 Kitchen" website, you will not only get a lot of foods and other different products that they sell in the supermarkets but also recipes that’ll tell you how to make them. Of course all in Portuguese. Pingo Doce and Continente also produce magazines with recipes and advertisements.

1 Like