Note taking app for language learning to compliment PP

I’m looking for an Android app that is useful for taking notes for language learning. I find that there are some words that I just can’t remember and would like to write them down for review. This question came from not remembering the word for fried chicken! Frango not Galinha!

I don’t know of any to recommend, but maybe someone else will have some good ideas.

However, I wanted to let you know that you can now add words/phrases from Learning Notes to your Smart Review. So for example, if you were reading this LN on Food Groups, mouse over any of the words with audio (such as “o frango”) and if you see the + button, click that to add it to your Smart Review.

We’re also working on a way to also add Vocabulary and Expressions from the Shorties.

1 Like

I personally use Quizlet, and it has helped me immensely with vocabulary to be honest (I also find it nigh-on impossible to remember certain words…)

Thanks Ward, I’ll give it a try. I’ve been trying Google Sheets for vocabulary. OTH, Linguee works pretty good. I think I’ve downloaded too many apps and have a tendency to forget what I already have. My March resolution is to buckle down every day and get a routine going. Hope it works out!

I use a free app called “ColorNote”. Its not specifically for language, but good for taking notes, so you can write down any words and translations you need, verb endings etc, and it can be used off-line.

1 Like