New online conversation/practice group

You may have seen my other group posted here - Anyone up for an accountability partner or study group? - #91 by enchantmentunlimited (which is still going strong if you’re interested!).

I’m starting a new group just for conversation in Portuguese, Tuesdays at 7pm Portugal time. Since we are just getting going, I’m using dialogues and scripts in addition to freeform conversation so everyone can practice and we can listen to what it’s supposed to sound like (in many cases). If you are looking to improve your speaking and listening skills, come by and check it out.

Right now it’s better for those around an A2 level who need practice speaking and listening as well as conversing, but if more advanced speakers are interested, we can break into groups. So just let me know.

You’re welcome to drop in: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/4944505311 or if you’d like email reminders, send me your email at [email protected] and I’ll add you to the email list I use for both groups.

It is free of course, there is no teacher but I lead as best as I can and have tons of materials. I’m always open to what the group wants.

So come and try it, see if it’s a fit. If you’re interested but the time doesn’t work, please email me. I’m open to doing another group. I need all the practice I can get! :smile:

Tchau,
Jana

5 Likes

I am interested to join this group. I wrote you an Email.
Kind regards, Katharina

Olá Jana and Katharina, what a great idea! I would love to come and practice chatting in Portuguese. Tchau e bom fin de semana! Bronwen

Awesome, Bronwen! Just go ahead and jump on on Tuesday. If you want the reminder emails, let me know.

Tchau,
Jana

I would love to join but am not at A2 yet - in fact I’ve only had 3 1x1 conversation classes so far. Level = Baby Portuguese! :joy: Would you mind if I attended to give it a try and if you think I’m not the best fit yet, you feel free to boot me out?

Hi Emily,
Of course you can come check it out! We are doing some things that make it easy for anyone to participate, and you can always opt out of any part you’re not comfortable with. We talk some about pronunciation as we go, and we talk about any new words we encounter along the way. I think even a baby beginner could benefit.
Jana

1 Like

Muito obrigada, Jana! I will looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow evening then! Thank you for organizing the group and for giving a baby beginner a chance. :grin:

Emily

Bom dia a todos! I would love to join the group. I’ve been learning Portuguese for a while and love the language. I hope to see you all tomorrow.

Hi John,
I got your email and added you. You have the link so we’ll see you tomorrow!
Tchau,
Jana

Hi Jana,

Thank you so much!

John

I’m going to post my reminder email for both calls here, in case you’re interested. If you want to be added to the reminders, please email me (address in orig. post)

Blockquote Olá todos! 🌞

Both of our calls are group-led and suitable for any level. We tend to have good speakers as well as beginners, so if you haven’t joined yet, come check it out and see if it feels like a fit for you. We are always open to suggestions!

⏰ We meet Sundays at 9am Pacific time, 12pm ET and 4pm Portugal time *until the time change in Portugal.

The Sunday call is a more chatty and usually longer call which can include:

• Discussions of Portuguese grammar, idioms, pronunciation and more
  • Conversation in Portuguese
  • Portuguese word games, stories, podcasts and other activities
  • Sharing our favorite resources, ideas and tips and tricks for learning
  • Life in Portugal, the moving process, etc.

We now also have a CONVERSATION CALL on Tues, suitable for any level, *at 7pm Portugal time, 3pm EDT, noon PDT until time change, where we mostly speak in Portuguese, which includes:

• Various different topics
  • Dialogues (with recordings in Portuguese for pronunciation)
  • Scenarios we create conversations around, like making appointments, etc
  • Small assignments to help us grow our ability to speak, listen and understand

The group is growing - you’re welcome to check it out. We use the same zoom link. I don’t send a separate reminder.

If you’re interested in the conversation call and the time/day doesn’t work for you, let me know. Maybe we can work something out.

You are always welcome to join when you can, and if you have to leave a call early, it’s no problem.

Sunday/Tues meeting link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/4944505311

Grammar checker: https://grammarchecker.top/portuguese-grammar-checker.

Resource folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MrnyZkFCt26QIFpy29zGURJpASMF5YuX?usp=sharing \

Time zone converter: timeanddate.com

*** Daylight Savings Time** happens at different times in US and Europe. Since there are less of us in Portugal, we’ll adjust for the Sunday call: (as of 3/31 we are back on Daylight time in Portugal as well)

For the Tuesday call, there are more of us in Portugal and we’ll stay at 7pm Lisbon time, NOON Pacific Daylight time, 3pm EDT (until 3/31 when Portugal also changes).

Tchau from sunny 💨🌞🌄 / stormy 💨🌧️🌦️/ hugely wavey 🌊 / simply amazing Portugal,🌞

Jana e os gatinhos 🐈🐈‍⬛, e as ovelhas 🐏🐑

Blockquote

2 Likes