New Feature: Flash Cards (Smart Review)

Hi Ron! Glad you’re enjoying these recent additions! This is indeed a challenging, knowing how to balance everything. I know this is a cop-out but it’s hard to give a one-size-fits-all recommendation, because it depends on your current level and goals… Do you want to be able to have certain specialized conversations where you need specific vocabulary? If so, you will likely collect more phrases from the translator or related Shorties etc and therefore spend more time reviewing these phrases throughout the day whenever you have a few moments. This might end up being more than half of your study time, when compared to going through new Units.

On the other hand, if your goal is more general, and you’d like to just be able to speak and understand day-to-day conversation, you might prioritize going through the Units. Of course, you’ll still want to keep your Smart Review up-to-date, but you might be more careful to only save the most useful phrases you come across, so you can spend more time progressing through the Units.

Does that help at all? Feel free to follow up since these are great conversations for us to have as we continue tweaking and improving!

Abraço,

Joel

1 Like

Olá Joel-
Thank you for the thoughtful reply. Very helpful. After completing several flash card review sets I feel like this will fill a gap & accelerate my learning.

I like the random out of context flash card deck for review. It has a pop quiz feel that makes it both fun & challenging. Also, as a self-assessment tool to identify lessons/concepts I no-doubt will need to revisit.

:v:t4: Ron