Morada ou endereço?

What’s the difference between morada and endereço? In the lessons ‘endereço’ seems to be used. But I have noticed that when you are completing a form they ask for ‘morada’. Is there a difference based on context or are the words interchangeable?

1 Like

@pauladwg, you can consider them interchangeable, since that’s how we use these terms :slight_smile:

In theory, I believe that endereço would be the most rigorous way of referring to any address in general. Morada (note how it resembles the verb morar) would refer to where one lives, as in their home, or by extension, home address.

Olá:) Então se puser “localidade” aqui? É também um sinónimo ou uma palavra com diferença? Obrigada:)

@Jessica, localidade não é sinónimo de endereço. É uma palavra genérica que designa algum tipo de lugar, seja uma pequena aldeia ou uma cidade maior. Por exemplo, a localidade de Miraflores dentro da freguesia de Algés, no concelho de Oeiras, no distrito de Lisboa.

Entendi:) Muito obrigada

1 Like

I only really hear “morada”. Except for email addresses, then it’s always endereço.