Listening Practice - Youtube Links

If you install the Language Learning with Netflix and YouTube You get the transcript in very many languages. You get higlighted glossary and all text wich both can be saved and downloaded. I find it very usefull to practice listening. You can turn the text off and on very easy. Language Learning with Netflix and YouTube - Chrome Nettmarked (google.com)
It also works in Microsoft Edge. You can use borh portugese subtitle and your own language at once.

I am a bit late to this post, but I’m sure newcomers to the forum might still appreciate this list of European Portuguese resources. That blog post includes YouTube channels, Instagrams, podcasts, newspapers, radio stations, and more that either teach European Portuguese or are written/spoken in European Portuguese.

Not sure if anyone has already posted this resource, but I recently discovered a Jornal do Centro channel called “Aldeias com História”. To me, this is a great resource to hear true European Portuguese! In addition to developing my ear for the language, I find the episodes quite interesting, as they talk with life-long residents of the aldeias and give a glimpse of simple rural life in Portugal.

3 Likes

Great find David. I have just watched the episode about Gralheira.
My Portuguese isnt good enough to follow the story and it does just show me how far I have to go to master the lingua. I am not daunted however.
The food looked special.
This is for me what Portugal is all about…not the Coastal Central Algarve where it is difficult to find someone who actually speaks Portuguese.

2 Likes

I’m glad you like it, @mac.cummings!
I, also, don’t understand most of the conversation, but I can catch some of it–and I think, with practice, I’ll understand more and more of it. It’s just like listening to the PP Videos at full-speed! Over time, our listening/comprehension skills improve. There appear to be quite a few of these “Aldeias” episodes. Isn’t it great to hear Portuguese as it is supposed to sound! :slightly_smiling_face: