Does anyone watch Netflix with Portuguese subtitles?

I loved watching Portuguese shows while in Portugal but I have been having a hard time finding many in America

The attached link makes it seem like it’s an easy thing to do and figure out but I can’t seem to be able to group all Portuguese based movies into one category? Maybe because I have a shared Netflix account?

Any Good Portuguese Netflix (or otherwise) dubbed or subtitled films/shows?

1 Like

I have the same problem where I live, netflix is diffrente for each country based on copyrights I guess. Not a single one of the things the internett said about portuguese stuff on netflix is showing up… there are some brasilian stuff tho, and many shows have brasilian subs… at least here

2 Likes

There are a few recommendations here and here for watching shows that are either Portuguese or are dubbed in Portuguese.

The short answer is that there are not a ton of options on Netflix, other than dubbed children’s shows that were originally in English. If you search “Portuguese” in the Netflix search bar you’ll see some links at the top next to “Explore titles related to”. You’ll see links for “Audio in Portuguese” and another for “Portuguese-language Movies & TV”.

4 Likes

Thank you. You’re the best replier ever. I attempted to open a bunch of these threads and do a "CTRL+F “movies” to see if there was already a post about this but I didn’t think to type “programs” or the like

1 Like

Aw, you’re very welcome! Good luck with your search, let me know if you find any other good shows or movies.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Filmes em português

Hi Nicole
I have only just started using Netflix so I may not be able to answer your question directly, but I have been watching films etc in their original language but with Portuguese subtitles which is helping me to learn how things might be phrased in Portuguese. I have tried watching with films dubbed in Portuguese but so far it seems to be just Brazilian Portuguese and I really want to work on my european pronunciation.
When you start to watch something, if you look on the floating bar at the bottom of your screen, on the left is a square shaped speech bubble. Here you can turn on dubbing and subtitles and choose which languages you want.
I live in Portugal now but before moving here from the UK, I used to watch programmes on the RTP.pt website. I could watch some programmes live (but not all due to licensing laws) but also past episodes of soaps,documentaries etc on the RTP player tab. I have no idea if this will work in America. There is also the TVI channel https://tviplayer.iol.pt/
All the best

3 Likes

I’m closing this topic so we can keep the discussion focused in these two threads :slight_smile: : Do anyone know of any Portuguese programs on Netflix? (for Netflix content) + Portuguese TV programs (for non-Netflix shows)

1 Like