COVID testing in Portugal to return home to the U.S

We are heading to Portugal for a brief trip at the end of August. We’ll get tested before we leave the U.S., but then we’ll need to get tested in Portugal before we return home. Where can you get that kind of travel test done in PT?

Hello
You can " marcar o agendamento " in the location near you and get results in less than 24 hrs
Boa sorte

Book your appt when you get there.
They get a bit crowded.
The process was smooth in Albufeira, but getting the apt was difficult

1 Like

Hello,

I just returned from Portugal. The easiest is to go to one of the major pharmaceutical shops. You can just walk in and the result is in one hour. Cost $25.

1 Like

Thank you for replying. Were you returning to the U.S.? Was it the RT-PCR test?
This is from the Consulate in Boston:

RT-PCR LABORATORY TEST

Proof of laboratory nucleic acid amplification test (TAAN) or rapid antigen test (TRAg)* must be presented before boarding to screen for SARS-CoV-2 infection with a negative result, performed at 72 or 24 hours prior to boarding,
respectively, all passengers, of any nationality, with the exception of children who have not completed 24 months of age.

We were returning to the US from Porto on Delta. The rapid antigen test was valid from 48 hours (vs. 24 hours that you have in your note.)

Hope this helps.

Steven

We got a PCR test at the laboratory, Albufiera in the Algarve last january the results arrived on my mobile telephone within twelve hrs.

We survived our trip.
JUst to share some information, testing was available at Joaquim Chaves Saude locations. https://www.jcs.pt/pt/exames_covid It’s not what we did, but we appreciated the advice from @evolka1111 as it gave us a good backup plan. We were able to make an appointment there in advance., but were able to cancel that appointment when it turned out we could get it closer to where we were.

Some advice… if you’re going the pharmacy route for testing, set up your appointment sooner rather than later. We were going to try the pharmacy and stopped in on a Monday to book for Friday. All the time slots were taken. We ended up finding a site that was strictly for COVID testing in our location, Lourinha: https://www.germanodesousa.com/postos-de-colheita/centro-de-testes-covid19-lourinha/#.YSKLju5Ki8Q.whatsapp

When we drove around and around looking for the location, but couldn’t find it, I put my Portuguese to the test and made a phone call. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes