Chat group with other members? 💬

Hi all, I am new to the Practice Portuguese and this community forum. I thought I would introduce myself.

I started early this year in learning the Portuguese language. I am Irish/English and Australian and have a Portuguese partner. I started learning the most basic Portuguese words and phrases from an audio CD/booklet and travel books. Then a few weeks ago, I found out about the online Practice Portuguese and thought I would give it a go. I am very keen to learn Portuguese and become more advanced over time. I like being able to speak and write new words and be tested at the same time. I think the Practice Portuguese is good for that.

I have traveled to Portugal on numerous occasions and have a goal to live/work there some day in the future. I would certainly like to interact/meet with others on this forum and keep on learning.
Best wishes. Michael

2 Likes

Hi Michael, fellow Aussie here with UK background too, and Portuguese partner. Nice to see another Aussie here

1 Like

Hey @madams324 and @melindawaddell9,

I am also Aussie with Irish background and living in Portugal with my portuguese partner, maybe we can set up a chat online sometime, I would love to practise my speaking.

Send me a message on here if you keen

E @Jules, com certeza tu és também bem-vinda. Haha

1 Like

Que bom, obrigada :smiley: o que dia? Eu não consigo fazer terça-feira.

Hi there. Yes I would be open to doing that sometime. I am still at the beginner level, although I already know certain words and phrases. Our goal is to live and work in Portugal eventually. Probably by next year. I have been there already numerous times. I try to practice my Portuguese every day, as know it is important to learn the language and for others to know that I am making the effort.

1 Like

As a data point, @angelhulme and myself have been meeting more or less weekly for a month or two. Others are welcome to join in; we usually do Mondays 12h (US-East), 17h (PT).

2 Likes

@madams324 and @Jules what country are you guys in? I Am in Porto so GMT time zone

Hi Cameron,

Our personal circumstances have since changed and I am now situated in Portugal - earlier then predicted. Currently in Lisbon. I only saw your message now. I am still at a beginners/basic level with Portuguese - I try to practice every day and usually do at least one lesson at a time on the practice Portuguese. I think it does take longer for an adult to learn a new language, then it does for a child or so it seems to me. English is my first language. It think it would be great to interact with other people at my level. To practice Portuguese out loud. I already know a list of different words that are now memorised in my head and I am starting to expand over time.
_Michael

Hi Mike,

Oh wow that is great to hear! I will actually be in Lisbon all next week if you maybe want to have a beer somewhere and speak in person!

Hi Cameron,
Yes I would be happy to meet with you in Lisbon next week and practice our Portuguese. We could meet outside at a public place somewhere in the city. Let me know and I guess hear from you again next week sometime. Have a nice weekend.
_Michael

Hey guys :slight_smile:) , i will be lisboa and Porto next week, im about a easier/medium level at portuguese, i would be like to join you guys for a beer and a chat, sĂł em portuguĂȘs haha
Joshua

Hey Michael,

Estou aqui em Losboa até segunda-feira, estou livre em sexta-feira e såbado pela cerveja e conversa. De onde estås a ficar? Estou a ficar em São João de Estoril

Hi Joshua,

Claro, Ă©s bem-vindo para juntar-te a nĂłs para a cerveja, lĂȘ a messagen acima e diga-me.

Hi Cameron,

Estou a viver perto do Rossio nos primeiros 2 meses. Fico feliz em conhecĂȘ-lo em um momento que nos convĂ©m.
_Michael

Oi toda,
TambĂ©m estou livre atĂ© segunda-feira, o fim de semana Ă© melhor para mim
 Estou flexĂ­vel, Onde Ă© melhor para si encontrar, nĂŁo conheço Lisboa, por isso decide.
Joshua

Ola malta. Estou a aprender portugues tambem. Se vĂŁo combinar para beber algo perto de LX, estou disponivel depois das 5 todos os dias.
Roberto

OlĂĄ Roberto, Joshua e Michael,

É tĂŁo bom ver muitas pessoas que querem encontrar e practicar portuguĂȘs comigo!

Como nĂŁo tenho muito tempo ate eu sair de Lisboa, vou dizer uma opcĂŁo e eu espero que vocĂȘs possam juntar-se. Eu e a minha namorada vamos estar no bar CafĂ© O Corvo ( um lugar pĂșblico entĂŁo Michael sente-se seguro hehe) a partir das 17 horas no sĂĄbado. É um bom bar com muitas bebidas e opcĂ”es no menu se quiserem ter comida tambĂ©m. Espero que possam aparecer lĂĄ e possamos conversar.

Café O Corvo é perto da praça da Figueira e do Rossio. Tem um terraço grande acima de umas escadas.

A morada Ă© Largo dos Trigueiros 15a/b, 1100-611.

Vamos ver @teakhydra, @madams324 e @robefm83 lĂĄ com entusiasmo.

Combinado. Depois da feira do livro, vou para la.

olĂĄ a todos,
isto parece-me bem, como saberĂŁo que casal sĂŁo, terĂŁo uma t-shirt portuguesa prĂĄtica ahah?

Joshua

OlĂĄ amigos,

Bem visto Joshua, vistirei um chapeu castanho e terei uma imperial com certeza.

Até lå!

1 Like