Challenge #3: Transcribe these clips!

See if you can figure out what’s being said in these clips, without peeking at other people’s answers! :nerd_face:

Challenge: Transcribe what’s being said in Portuguese.
Extra credit: Provide an English translation too.
Super mega bonus round of doom: Name the episode!

…Bonus points if you know what “uma jola” is without Googling!

1:

2:

3:

3 Likes

Desaparecido no concerto! One of my favorites!
Preciso de perguntar - este episódio não é ficção…? :rofl:
I thiiiiink “uma jola” is the equivalent of a “cold one” - a can/bottle of beer? (And is there any distinction from jola and “uma mini” that was mentioned in the VOZ episode)?

1. Eu fui a procurar de cerveja e fiquei com fome. Queria comer um pão com chouriço.
    I went to search for a beer and became hungry. I wanted to eat bread and chorizo.

2. O rapaz - é todos os anos a mesma conversa!
    Oh young man - it’s the same conversation every year!

3. Olha - eu vou buscar mais uma jola e para ti procurar um chá de camomila… se encontrar.
    Look - I’m going to search for another beer and for you I’ll look for a chamomile tea… if I encounter it.

2 Likes
  1. Eu fui a procura de cerveja e fiquei com fome. Queria comer um pão com chouriço. I went to get a beer and got hungry. I wanted to eat bread with sausage
  2. Oh, rapaz, é todos os anos a mesma conversa!
    Oh boy, it’s the same discussion every year!
  3. Olha, eu vou buscar mais uma jola e para tí vou procurar um chá de camomila, si encontrar
    Desaparecido no concerto, muito engraçado!! :joy::joy:

Way to go!

2 Likes

Hmm I wonder if these were too easy? Either that or vocês são espertinhos! :joy:

Clips taken from:

Diálogo 22: Desaparecido no Concerto

1: Eu fui à procura de cerveja e fiquei com fome. Queria comer um pão com chouriço.
I went looking for beer and got hungry. I wanted to eat (a) bread with sausage.

2: Ó rapaz, é todos os anos a mesma conversa!
Oh kid, every year it’s the same conversation!

3: Olha, eu vou buscar mais uma jola e para ti vou procurar um chá de camomila, se encontrar…
Look (Alright), I’m going to get another brewski, and for you, I’ll look for a camomile tea, if I find it.

1 Like

Talvez sejam demais fácil… mas ao mesmo tempo - quase tenho memorizado alguns episódios (escuto e leio todos os dias). Nunca sou um batoteiro (além da minha dieta). :innocent:

1 Like

Haha és uma máquina! :muscle:

1 Like

I had such fun trying to translate these audios with my limited knowledge of words, sentence formation and level of comprehension. I had a good laugh when I translated what I had written. Only the first sentence made some sense.

1. Eu foi a porcurar de cerveja e fica que come fome. Queria come um pão chouriço.

I went for beer and got hungry. I wanted to eat a chorizo bread.

I can see by what others posted that some of my words were incorrect however I was happy my translation was somewhat close.

I do hope you’ll post more of these. It’s quite challenging and a great learning curve!

I was off on the translation of “mais uma jola” as I placed an accent on the o in jóla, so it translated to “one more jewel.” That’s much like one more brewski isn’t it? :laughing: “Brewski” is a very American slang term for beer.

2 Likes

Yes it is! By the way, the accent is a totally forgivable mistake, since it’s in line with how the word is pronounced :slight_smile:

1 Like

Obrigado Joseph!

1 Like

Eu foi a procura de cerveja e fiquei com fome. Queria comer um pão com chouriço.
I went looking for beer and got hungry. I felt like eating bread with Portuguese sausage.

Ó rapaz, é todos os anos a mesma conversa!
[Literally “hey, boy”] You know, every year it’s the same conversation.

Olha, eu vou buscar mais uma jola, e para ti vou comprar um chá de camomila, se encontrar.
Look, I’m going to get another beer(?), and I’ll get you a chamomile tea–if I can find any.

2 Likes