Books about history of Portugal

Could you please recommend some books to read about history of Portugal. Not academic history books but something easy-to-read and interesting.
Thank you

2 Likes

Depending on your level of Portuguese, you might want to consider a history book (not necessarily a school book) for young adults. I find that reading novels/books for young adults is better for me considering my level of Portuguese.
I looked for a book on the history of Pedro and Inês but didn’t find one that was at my level.

1 Like

“The Last Day: Wrath, Ruin, and Reason in the Great Lisbon Earthquake of 1755” was very good—I read it in English though. I’m not sure if it’s available in Portuguese.

My Portuguese now is not that good to read books, so English will be just fine. Thanks for your recommendation!

Have you read this one?

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation, @Molly. Just ordered this and am really looking forward to reading it!

1 Like

It seems to be a very interseting book. Just started to read it. Thanks.

2 Likes

Saraiva escreveu este livro (em inglês). É superficial mas abrangente. E são youtube videos para acompanhar (pesquisa para ‘nelinhakgb’)

Obrigada! Very usefull book.

1 Like

:sunglasses:

Thank you, of course. I like to think my writing is getting better; but still working prepositions… and when to use haver :slight_smile:

1 Like