Anyone near Nazaré?

We’re moving to Nazaré in early October from Portland, OR. Very excited and it’s been a long time coming. I’ve been studying Portuguese for a year and a half and would like to meet people to chat with close by to Nazaré.

Muito obrigado!

1 Like

Hi Rick, my husband Paul and I are from Florida, and are moving to the Sítio in Nazaré next year. We will be in Nazaré from October 15-31 to buy our apartment. He was born in Portugal and is a native speaker, but I am still learning. We look forward to meeting new people who live in Nazaré! Obrigada, Karen

1 Like

Hi Karen,

Good luck with your move and apartment purchase! Very exciting!! I think you’ve got a great advantage having someone to speak Portuguese with.
I’m sure we’ll run into each other at the meetups. Our apartment is near the marina up the hill.

Rick

1 Like

Olá Rick! My family is moving to Nazaré the second week of October from Denver, CO. We’re both excited and nervous. We’re still beginners at Portuguese, as we’ve only been learning for a few months, but we’d love to meet up if you’d be interested.

-Mike

Hey Mike,
Nice to meet you. Yeah that’d be great! Excited and nervous, yep that explains our feelings exactly. Maybe we can help each other out in the language area. Help me with speaking and I can help you with vocabulary.
feel free to ping me at [email protected] when you’d like to get a coffee or something.
Rick

Obrigado! I will be sure to do that when we arrive.

It’s a small world! I moved to near Alcobac̨a from Vancouver WA. I’m 15 minutes from Nazaré and would love to connect. I run two online Portuguese study and conversation groups and would love to practice more.

Talk soon,
Jana

Hi Jana,
How long have you been here? Great area. I’ve not participated in a study/conversation group yet but would love to! I don’t get too many chances to practice a lot of portuguese outside of the standard interactions at the supermercado or a restaurant.
Looking forward to chatting more!
Rick

Hi Rick,
Sorry - I didn’t see your post!
I’m about 15 minutes from Nazaré, just outside Alcobaça.
I practice my (pretty bad) Portuguese as often as possible. I host 2 groups online, and have a few study partners but am always looking for more practice, so I can eventually get less bad :slight_smile:
If you’re interested in joining in on one of my convo groups or just get together to chat, email me at [email protected] and let’s connect.
Tchau,
Jana