1 on 1 practice

Olá a todos. I’ve recently started learning Portuguese and I’ve been trying to find a native speaker to practice with on apps like HelloTalk but most people speak brazilian portuguese. So I was just wondering if maybe anyone would be up for some 1 on 1 practice on Zoom or Messenger? We could talk about random things and help each other out with portuguese. I speak Greek, English and Spanish so we could practice either of those whilst also practicing portuguese. Basically it would be like the accountability sessions but more casual, more day to day texting and speaking with each other (e.g we’ll talk throughout the day about how work is going, how we are, something that happened or just questions we might have that the other person might be able to help with)

• This is something that I do with Spanish. It’s the best way to practice everything you learn and it has personally helped me a lot with my Spanish. So if anyone is interested, just let me know and we can arrange it!
  • If you’re not comfortable with Zoom just yet, we could just talk on Messenger. Just message each other so we can at least practice writing and reading in portuguese.
  • Or if multiple people would like to do this, we can do 1 on 1 practice but also create a group chat.
  • Thank you x

I agree with you that the people who speak on the video are not very representative compared with the Accent on the main programs.
I would be very happy to give it a go especially on messenger and then see whether this is something that is going to be useful.

I started learning Portuguese about three months ago because I spend January to March in Madeira (and have done for the last seven years)

My email address is [email protected]

It seems an excellent idea as it costs nothing. I am very keen but need more confidence and practice to string words into sentences! Give it a go?

John Chambers

Καλησπέρα Κωνσταντίνο,
Αρχισα τα Πορτογαλικά εδω και ενα χρόνο. Προτιμώ να μιλαμε στα Ελληνικα αλλα μπορουμε και στα αγγλικά . Είμαι απο την Βουλγαρία
Στο messenger -Simona Kerezova /Yagya Priya/
Καλό βράδυ
Σιμονα

@gearoidmccarthy, to send private messages, you can click on the username/avatar and then, on the small window that will pop up, click on the blue “Message” icon.