Looking for an A1 conversational practice partner

Hi,

I’m hoping you received my response e-mail. I accidentally sent it to Molly. I would love to schedule a time with you if you are interested. I’m in California so we’re about an 8 hour difference. Since I’m retired, I have flexibility in my schedule if you are interested.

Abracos,
Regina

1 Like

Hey, happy to practice with y’all.

let me know an email maybe?

1 Like

Of course… My email is [email protected]

Olá:grinning::portugal:

I’m in Florida, so US east coast – typically 5 hours behind Portugal time.

I’ve got one language partner on Tuesdays, one on Thursdays, and one sometimes on Fridays. If you have any time on Mondays or Wednesdays, I’d love to start practicing with you.

Contact info:
Joe Litton
[email protected]
+1 813 220 3441 (cell / WhatsApp)

Tchau :slight_smile:

Hi. I really need conversation practice also. I am A2-ish level but my spoken Portuguese is really weak. I would love the opportunity to practise with other learners. I live on east coast Australia and am used to making time zone adjustments…(for my French and Portuguese Zoom Classes). My available time is quite flexible. I hope we can make contact.
Rose

Hi Rose,

I would love to practice. My comprehension is probably an A2 as well but my speaking is clearly much lower than that. I definitely need the practice. Can you give me an idea of days or times that you are available. I’m guessing that you are about 17 hours ahead of me in California, US. I’m sure we can make something work!

reglg

1m

Hi Rose,

I would love to practice. My comprehension is probably an A2 as well but my speaking is clearly much lower than that. I definitely need the practice. Can you give me an idea of days or times that you are available. I’m guessing that you are about 17 hours ahead of me in California, US. I’m sure we can make something work!

Hi Regina.
I am sure we can work something out ,despite the 19 hour time difference at the moment (summer time!) Tuesdays are not good for me. I have a Portuguese class on that day. However, anytime between 4.00pm and 6.00pm my time which is probably 9.00pm and 11.00pm (the day before in California !) is good most other days of the week. That may be too late in the evening for you???
Otherwise, sometime between my 9.00 am to 11.00am, which is your 2.00pm to 4.00pm (the day before I think). …on Wednesdays may work for me. Does that work for you?
I always say my time is flexible however when you take into consideration the need for sleep in two different time zones , it does restrict time available a bit, não é?
I look forward to your reply.
Rose

Ola Rose,
I am confident that we can make this work. Since I am retired, I can wiggle times around pretty easily. Your 4-6 pm times (my 9-11 pm) times are perfectly fine for me. If I have this calculated correctly between my day/your day, here are some choices for you:
My Sunday—Your Monday
My Tuesday—Your Wednesday
My Thursday—Your Friday
Let me know if any of those work for you.
By the way, I’m very impressed with you for taking Portuguese and French. Forca! (pretend that has a diacritical marking)

Regina

OK Regina. It’s coming together. How about my Friday at 4.00pm which is your Thursday at 9.00pm, I think. Should we communicate via Zoom or Skype or??? I am currently using both of these. I hope you are a whiz with these programs because sometimes I get myself into difficulties. I think there is a time limit of 40-45 minutes on one or other of these if one does not have a subscription! Which I have not. I find by 40-45 mins I am exhausted anyway. What is your preference?
How would you like to proceed? Should we have an online meet up to see if we can connect? and how would you would like the conversations meetings to run??
Feliz Ano Novo.
Rose

Wonderful Rose! My Thursday/Your Friday works for me. Unfortunately, I’m not a whiz at online platforms but we can try and stumble through together. I’ve just signed up for a Skype account and it appears my Zoom account is up to date. Like you, I don’t have a paid account. I know Zoom is 45 minutes; don’t know about Skype. Like you again, I’ll probably be brain dead at the 40 minute period.
Favor: Can you connect with me using my email address: [email protected]. Then I can give you my cell phone number so that we can text if things go awry. Sometimes my internet connection can get unstable so it would be nice to let you know what is happening and if I can get back on. Usually it’s okay but one never knows.
As to how to proceed, I’m open. I’m happy to do an online meet before Thursday if you would like. If not, we can simply give it a shot on Thursday. I have no preconceived ideas on how to engage in our conversational meetings. This will be my first experience. I see an online Portuguese tutor once a week via google meet so that’s my only model. Do you have any particular ideas or goals?
Obrigada,
Regina

Hi Joe, I am in the same position. Live in Atlanta GA and would like to have a practice partner! LMK if you are still looking.

Obrigada,
Suzan

Olá. Eu quero praticar Português. A1
Eu estou novo aqui.
Svetlana

Olá. Eu quero praticar Português. A1
Eu estou novo aqui.
Svetlana.

Hi, i am in Pittsburgh and need a speaking partner. Leaving for Portugal in 2 weeks! Phone, Zoom or in person. Let know! Patty

Hi, Susan, did you find a practice partner?
Patty

Hi Patti,
I was able to find a practice partner, but I am open to others. Let me know when you get back if you’re still interested. You can contact me directly if you like. [email protected]

Hello,

I am just beginning to learn portuguese. Looking for a language partner. I live in Denver, Colorado at the moment.
I speak French and English.
Feel free to message me if you are interesting in meeting and conversing.

• Kate

Hi Kate,

Thanks for reaching out. I am already around a B1 level so I may be too advanced for you. I’m quite impressed that you already speak 2 languages. Good luck with finding someone who is closer to your level.

Regina

I am also an American at an A1 level living in Portugal! I am based in Porto and just like you I am looking for more in person practice. I only go to local shops where they don’t speak any English so I am forced to speak Portuguese.