Landing Pages loading very slowly suddenly!

When opening the app I now get this whirling gif for a long time (between 4-8 seconds) for ALL the landing pages except the review section.

It’s the same on the home page, the units page, the translator page and the learning page which looks like this for up to 10 seconds before properly loading

Within the sections themselves everything has gotten a lot slower overall. Thinking you might be working on the server I’ve waited for a couple of hours and tried again but it’s the same, I’ve also checked and it’s the same for @Lemonie90 on her iPad.

1 Like

This might have to do with some conflicts that were causing a lot of troubles and I have to modify some of the speed optimizations. I will have to find a work around for this. Will keep you posted once I manage to speed up the things (without breaking other stuff :grimacing: )

1 Like

Good luck Alex, the delays are still quite pronounced and at present would certainly put off a new user.

1 Like

As of today, over a week after the initial response, the issue is the same as it was. I don’t see any other users complaining about the excessive load times so maybe it’s just me however the same delays are evident on my iPhone 6 and on @Lemonie90 iPad mini.

1 Like

Thanks for your ongoing feedback, James. We might have to try testing with a VPN to try other locations outside Portugal. On my end, the page load time is much faster (but of course there are still likely more speed optimizations for us to do before launching). Thanks again to both of you for your ongoing help and support!

We sometimes use a VPN on our Mac Mini and as such our speeds go from 500Mbps down to 20/30Mbps so that would really not help testing the speeds (IMO).
We are in a Portugal and our devices, the ones we’re using for PP average between 300 & 500Mbps download.

1 Like