Forum Topic Updates

I’m not sure if this is an issue or not. Every night I check the forum to read the latest topics. For at least the past 3 nights I looked at the pull down screen to view the “Latest” or “Top” etc. categories to see what’s being discussed and it hasn’t shown me any indication that there’s been new posts or replies to other posts. Then when I select a category and let it load, I see that there has actually been activity an hour ago, 17 hours ago etc.

Note: Normally, I see a number next to each category of new or recent post or comments which helps direct me to where the posts are.

I’m sure this is low on the priority, but users may not check back again if they keep thinking there’s no activity when there actually is.

Thanks for all the great work you are doing.

1 Like

Olá Maggie!

I think the way it works is that “Latest” shows posts that have recent activity (though it doesn’t indicate what that activity is). If you keep scrolling down you’ll see a red/orange line that says “last visit”, so anything above that line has new activity since your last visit.

If you see a blue dot next to a post, that means you haven’t read the post at all yet AND that it was posted within the last 2 days.

If you see a blue circle with a number, that means you have previously commented on (or spent time reading) that post and there are that # of new replies since you last read it.

“Top” shows the posts with the most activity (views and replies) within a certain time frame (I’m not exactly sure what that time frame is though).

So I think the numbers only show up if you’ve interacted with the post previously. I realize that’s a little confusing! :sweat_smile:

I hope that helps a bit to understand how it works, though. The forum was not built by us – it uses an open source forum software called Discourse. They have a guide here with more info: https://meta.discourse.org/t/discourse-new-user-guide/96331.

Thanks Molly, it’s working now. When I opened the app I encountered a forced reset so I had to log back in. When I did, notifications we’re working again.

Note to self: Log out and reopen the app to see if that fixes the issue. :slight_smile:

1 Like