CIPLE Exam, Anyone?

Ahh, congratulations! It wasn’t so bad after all :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you so much, Joseph, for your help, encouragement and insightful comments! We really appreciate it!

3 Likes

Thank you too! (hiding now)

1 Like

Language exam for nationality

Congratulations! You must be on cloud 9!

1 Like

Thank you so much, @francesoakley110! :slightly_smiling_face: It was a long, frustrating and anxiety-provoking wait, but I am very happy to have “squeaked through” by a whisker!

2 Likes

Bem-vinda, @fionaphome! :slightly_smiling_face: Yes, passing it and getting a certification is, from what I gather, a prerequisite for applying for nationality. That is, currently, my purpose for taking it.

2 Likes

Yes, I passed the May exam with a ’ bom’, I thought I had frozen in the speaking part!! Now working on nationality, even though the UK is still in the EU… I am European! Thank you Practice Portuguese who were my main learning source for this exam.

4 Likes

Parabéns, @fionaphome! “Bom” é muito bom! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Parabéns, David!! We got our results too, managed to score a “bom” - what a relief to have that done! :slight_smile: All the resources which have been mentioned were extremely helpful - the course book, RTP, the practice exams on the CAPLE website, and of course Practice Portuguese! :slight_smile: Something that also helped was to have a native speaker go over the oral comprehension parts of the online practice test with us as well - they don’t actually have the answers on the website, so it’s hard to gauge how it’s going. Best of luck to everyone taking future exams!

5 Likes

Obrigado, e muito bom, @Barbara! That is good to hear! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Parabéns @David2019 e @Barbara!!! I hope to be able to say the same thing after my CIPLE exam in September! For now, I am happy enough to say that I passed my A2 test by 78%! lol. That was more than what I expected. However, I decided to continue with A2 lessons even if I passed it already because I would like to master the tenses. @joelrendall and @Joseph thank you for the well wishes and the suggestions … please keep them coming! I have loads of new books to bring home with me to aid in learning more and, of course, I have Practice Portuguese alongside these. I am actually excited :smiley:

4 Likes

Love the Shorties section! It is exactly what I am having a difficult time with and definitely need a lot of practicing with. Thank you!

1 Like

Obrigada para o correçao :slight_smile: Estou ainda a ter uns dificuldades com os tempos dos verbos.

1 Like

Oh, lots of good news. Congrats and welcome, @fionaphome, aaaaand congrats @Barbara and @beth.dizon! I’m sure you’ll also pass your CIPLE exam in a couple months - this forum topic brings good luck, as you can see :relieved:

1 Like

@joelrendall - do you have an idea of what language level these shorties are at? A1/2? B?

We currently use the distinction of easier/medium/harder for these (which you can find in the search filters when you’re browsing through episodes). Just like a real conversation when you’re in Portugal, the grammar in the texts isn’t strictly limited by level. However, our “easier” tag tends to cover a1/a2/b1. Does that help?

é ótimo! Obrigado.

Now in english - a suggestion re the quiz. One of my study books, Contos Com Nivel, for A2, has exercises where one reads a passage and then answers a bunch of questions about what you just read. The comprehension questions are such that you have to infer the correct answer from what was written in the narrative.
Maybe I haven’t done enough of the Shorties, but the ones I have done I can generally guess the correct answer based on the words I heard, not on my semantic comprehension. Having questions that require and understanding of what was said, not just the words, really helps me with my studies.

Anyway, great job by you and all the PP folks. Keep it going!

2 Likes

Hi Beth - I was in Lisbon in March this year studying for a month (intensive) (at Lusa Language School) and I immediately wrote the CIPLE exam (getting 47,1%) - pass mark required is 55% - what really let me down was my ‘aural’ and ‘written’ work - I am considering coming back to Portugal in September to write the exam so perhaps we are both in the same boat! - finding resources for ‘listening exercises’ is quite difficult, which is why I have just joined this website (but haven’t actually used it yet - unsurprising considering my subscription is only 15 minutes old!). All the best in your preparation!

3 Likes

Welcome, @daxbrown! In case you do repeat the exam, good luck for next time. I’m sure you’ll be better prepared, now that you know exactly what to focus on.